Call for Poster Fair Abstracts
Deadline for Abstract Submission: May 26, 2023
The Children's Healthcare Canada's Poster Fair provides the ideal venue for multidisciplinary health professionals and practitioners from primary care to complex tertiary care to illustrate the richness of activity in many innovative areas of child and youth health from regional, national, and international perspectives.
The Poster Fair will feature two categories and authors will be asked to submit their abstract in one of the following:
- Scientific Posters: This category is reserved for posters presenting completed projects/initiatives, with realized outcomes. Posters in this category should be able to demonstrate rigorous scientific methodology and significant results. Also, conclusions drawn must be supported by the evidence presented.
- Quality Improvement Posters: This category is reserved for QI projects that use improvement methodology. Posters in this category should be able to tell a story using measurable baseline data that shows incremental change over time leading to sustained changes that make a difference in service/program delivery or at a system level.
- Abstracts have a maximum of 3000 characters, not including the title and authors.
- Authorization of abstract publication will be required if the abstract is accepted.
- The following information must be provided:
- Name and email address of the person submitting the abstract. This person will be the contact for this submission and will receive any applicable information regarding acceptance, and presentation details.
- Name and email address of the Poster Presenter(s).
- Name of the affiliation, city and country for all authors.
- Abstracts should be formatted with the following headings:
- Background/Objectives: Provide a brief introductory statement and objectives.
- Description: Provide a description of the information to be presented.
- Significance: Explain the significance or importance of the information being presented, highlighting novel and innovative aspects. We know there is no limit to the innovation, expertise, and inspiration in the child and youth healthcare community. Some things to consider as you submit your abstract:
- Why would your submission be of interest and relevance to Children’s Healthcare Canada members and conference delegates?
- The posters will also be presented in person in Vancouver, and also uploaded and available to view on the virtual conference platform.
- Is there a link to health system management performance and outcomes or Improving access to essential healthcare?
- Presenting from a lens of equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Authors submit an abstract summarizing the poster content
- Each poster abstract will be reviewed by at least 3 reviewers
- Authors of posters selected by the reviewers will be invited to:
- Submit an image/slide of their poster - formatted in accordance with the Best Poster design (see guide here)
- Provide a brief pre-recorded oral presentation (audio clip or video clip) to be included with their poster image
- The poster conforms to the new Better Poster design format (see guide here).
- The poster includes the following information concisely:
- Why the issue is important to Children’s Healthcare Canada members
- Implications for practice, policy, and/or organizational/system leadership
- Description, when appropriate, of the extent to which patients (children, youth, or families) were involved in the research (apart from as study/program participants)
- The poster is visually appealing, makes appropriate use of space and colour, and conveys the information well and concisely.
- The poster makes appropriate use of images, graphs, or diagrams.
Poster Image Format
The poster image must be presented in the following format:
Posters will be presented at an attended Poster Fair on Monday, December 4, 2023 and will be viewable by conference delegates for the duration of the event. The posters will also be uploaded and available to view on the virtual conference platform. An audio or video clip must also be uploaded for use on the virtual platform.
Please note that, if a poster is accepted, one individual must register for and attend the in-person conference to support that poster during any poster-related activities. Children's Healthcare Canada will only accept one poster per delegate, and a delegate may NOT attend to multiple posters simultaneously. Upon confirmation of acceptance of the poster, the contact person identified on the poster submission will be asked to confirm who will be registering for the Conference to attend to that poster.
Pre-Conference Transitions Pop-Up:
Dec. 2-3, 2023
Dec. 3-5, 2023
For more information
Contact: email@example.comTweets by ChildHealthCan