CAMAP Conference Scholarship
CAMAP is pleased to offer a total of four scholarships including complimentary full conference registration and up to a maximum of $1,500.00 to defray the costs of travel and accommodations.
Scholarship Application Requirements
- Status as a CAMAP member for at least the last 12 months
- Updated & abbreviated CV/Résumé (max 3 pages)
- Letter of recommendation from a MAiD colleague or supervisor
- A compelling written statement of your role in MAiD in Canada, how the scholarship would be of value and how it connects with current and future career development and/or academic goals (max 250 word limit)
- Application deadline: February 28, 2023.
Upon submission, the CAMAP Conference Scholarship Committee will review applications and notify the scholarship recipient by March 15, 2023.
Conditions for Acceptance
- Attestation of financial need for the scholarship.
- If a scholarship is awarded, applicants must respond and confirm their acceptance with CAMAP within 14 days. Failure to confirm will result in having the scholarship rescinded without appeal.
- To provide opportunities to others, previous winners of a CAMAP Conference Scholarship are excluded from applying. All other applicants may reapply.
- Winning scholars cannot transfer scholarship benefits to another year. Registration fee waiver and accommodation and travel reimbursements can only be used to attend the CAMAP Conference in the year the scholarship is granted.
- Successful recipients will receive a full complimentary conference registration (not including pre-conference workshops) and up to $1,500.00 to cover or defray costs of travel and/or accommodations at the conference hotel (receipts will be required).
- Agreement to inform CAMAP if I receive reimbursement for the registration fee and/or for travel and accommodation from another source. If already received a scholarship, agreement to repay CAMAP for such amounts as reimbursed from another source up to the amount of the scholarship.
- Winning scholars may be requested to write a short report on their experiences at the conference.
The CAMAP Conference Scholarship Committee will select scholarship recipients at its sole discretion based on the submissions. No communication regarding the scholarship other than the applicant's submissions will be entered into. Factors such as diversity and geography may also be considered. Neither CAMAP, the CAMAP Conference nor their agents, representatives or committees shall be responsible for any loss, damage, cost or expense incurred as the result of the selections, the scholarship process, the preparation or the submission of any material or the late or non-arrival of any submissions. The decision of the Committee is final and not subject to any appeal.
How to Apply
All application submissions and questions regarding the scholarships should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to apply
May 4, 2023
May 5-6, 2023
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Information & Assistance
All questions should be directed to email@example.com
We do not issue letters of invitation to international delegates. Administrative fees will apply to cancelled registrations. We encourage you to finalize travel prior to registering.