The Canadian Institutes of Health Research – Institute of Aging (CIHR- IA) and the Canadian Conference on Dementia (CCD), seek to encourage networking and exchange of ideas among emerging scholars working within all aspects of dementia. In particular, we would like to encourage interdisciplinary dialogue and cross-disciplinary exposure of research on dementia. To meet these ends this competition provides travel funds for masters and doctoral students, post-doctoral fellows, medical students, residents and fellows to attend the 11th CCD.
The CIHR will partner with the CCD to provide support for trainee travel awards.
Please note that this year there will be a limited number of awards with preference to those submitting research abstracts.
The maximum amount for a single award is $500.00.
Air: Awardees will be reimbursed for the most economical airfare available only. Air travel claims must include boarding passes along with the e-ticket, or (if issued) the back coupon from a paper air ticket, when claim is submitted.
Train, buses and other transportation: Please provide receipts and boarding passes.
Private vehicle: The mileage rate for travel by private automobile is $0.55 per km. The maximum reimbursement for vehicular travel may not exceed the comparable sum of air travel plus ground transportation costs.
Please include original receipt or confirmation number.
Receipts are required.
Awardees will not be reimbursed for meals or incidental expenses
This competition is open to Canadian citizens and landed immigrants working in Canada.
Application Must Include:
- A cover letter with an explanation of how attending will benefit your clinical and/or research career relating to dementia in Canada (maximum 2 pages).
- A copy of your curriculum vitae.
- Proposed travel itinerary and budget justification. Indicate other travel funds available and those for which you have applied.
- A letter of support from your supervisor, to include confirmation of enrolment in a graduate program, or confirmation of status as a post-doctoral fellow, at a recognized Canadian or American academic institution.
For medical students, residents and fellows, please provide a letter of support from your primary supervisor.
A committee consisting of CIHR and CCD appointees will evaluate the application based on the criteria stated below:
- Demonstrated academic excellence
- Benefit of attending the conference to the candidate's research and /or clinical career in dementia in Canada
- Justification of budget and financial need
Please use the button below to apply for the travel grant.
Applicants receiving travel awards will be notified by October 6, 2023.
11th CCD Conference
November 2-4, 2023
Times in the program are in Eastern Standard Time
Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel
123 Queen Street West, Toronto
Ontario M5H 2M9
Click here to visit website
Travel Grant Applications
Friday September 22
Early Bird Registration
Thursday September 21
Hotel Booking Cut-Off
Thursday October 12
Online Registration Closes
Monday October 30 @ 9AM EST
UHN Conference Services
Click here to subscribe to our communications list.