Social and Fun
On this page
Your Virtual Planning Committee has been hard at work designing fun and interactive online socials. We know that co-operators like to work hard and play hard!
Choose Your Own Adventure: The Virtual Annual Meeting EditionYou can move among three rooms during our online socials on Thursday, June 10, and Saturday, June 12, 2021:
- Party Room: Join our Co-operators Have Talent (with voting and live DJ!), enjoy great tunes and check out the talents of your fellow co-operators.
- Trivia Room: Put your knowledge to the test.
- Chill Lounge: Take in a more relaxed atmosphere to meet and interact with other co-operators.
Download your bingo card and keep your eyes peeled for different occurrences during the Annual General Meeting!
Examples of occurrences that might match the bingo card squares include:
- a presenter’s screen freezes
- the Chair makes a pun
- the budget is presented
- and many more!
Once your bingo card is completed, snap a photo and post it to social media using the event hashtag #CoopFutures (or send it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.) to be entered to win prizes, including the grand prize of free registration to the 2022 Annual Meeting in Halifax!
Contests and Prizes
We’ve got some great contests planned and, thanks to our sponsors, awesome prizes to give away. Be sure to check out the event portal in June to find out how to enter!
- Imagine Your Sustainable Co-op of the Future
- AGM Bingo
- Co-operators Have Talent
- Door Prizes
Remember to register by the May 28 early-bird deadline to get your Annual Meeting swag bag before the conference starts!
Door prize winners
Thanks to everyone for taking part in our 2021 Virtual Annual Meeting, and congratulations to the following door prize winners!
You will be contacted by Cynthia Mitchell in the coming days to confirm your choice of prize (if applicable) and your shipping/email address.
|Super early bird – build your own birdhouse||Shannon C.|
|Super early bird – hummingbird feeder||Kathy B.|
|Golden ticket - $50 gift card of your choice||Barry S.|
|Golden ticket - $50 gift card of your choice||Jean W.|
|Golden ticket - $50 gift card of your choice||Michael N.|
|Golden ticket - $50 gift card of your choice||Elaine O.|
|Golden ticket - $50 gift card of your choice||Lucy M.|
|Trivia room prize – 90s pop trivia||Zada J.|
|Trivia room prize – 80s pop trivia||Connie L.|
|Trivia room prize – Ding it!||Mmabatho S.|
|Trivia room prize – Ding it!||Chuck M.|
|Party room prize – Party-at-home kit (solar LED lights, colour changing tropical cups, table-top curling game)||Lesley A.|
|Party room prize – Party-at-home kit (solar LED lights, colour changing tropical cups, table-top curling game)||Sandra J.|
|Chill lounge - hammock||Heidys P.|
|Chill lounge - hammock||Hilary D.|
|Member networking break - $50 Camino chocolate lover’s gift basket||Julie P.|
|AGM Bingo grand prize - FREE registration to the 2022 Annual Meeting in Halifax||Kerri-Anne H.|
|AGM Bingo 2nd prize - $200 gift card of your choice||Candace S.|
|AGM Bingo – 3rd prize -$100 gift card of your choice||Kayla R.|
|AGM Bingo – $50 BIPOC-owned gift card||Leah M.|
|AGM Bingo – $50 BIPOC-owned gift card||Celia C.|
|AGM Bingo - $50 BIPOC-owned gift card||Peter S.|
|AGM Bingo - $50 BIPOC-owned gift card||Davin T.|
|AGM Bingo - $50 BIPOC-owned gift card||Chris M.|
|AGM Bingo - $50 BIPOC-owned gift card||Twilla G.|
|AGM Bingo - $50 BIPOC-owned gift card||Adrian S.|
|AGM Bingo - $50 BIPOC-owned gift card||Yuri A.|
|AGM Bingo - $50 BIPOC-owned gift card||Kevin T.|
|AGM Bingo - $50 BIPOC-owned gift card||Mary B.|
|AGM Bingo - $50 BIPOC-owned gift card||Kathy D.|
|AGM Bingo - $50 BIPOC-owned gift card||Kimberley C.|
|AGM Bingo - $50 BIPOC-owned gift card||Michelle W.|
|AGM Bingo - $50 BIPOC-owned gift card||Laural M.|
|AGM Bingo - $50 BIPOC-owned gift card||Christopher S.|
|AGM Bingo - $50 BIPOC-owned gift card||Priscilla T.|
|AGM Bingo - $50 BIPOC-owned gift card||Julie B.|
|AGM Bingo - $50 BIPOC-owned gift card||Tom T.|
|Imagine your sustainable co-op of the future - $75 gardening tools of your choice||Barb H.|
|John Houston DVD||Christine R.|
|John Houston DVD||Charmine H.|
|John Houston DVD||Kathy D.|
|John Houston DVD||Joe D.|
|John Houston DVD||Terra Cotta Co-op|
|John Houston DVD||Lori M.|
|John Houston DVD||Justin I.|
|John Houston DVD||Sara M.|
|John Houston DVD||Jennifer S.|
|John Houston DVD||Kathy A.|
|Book from movie night||John S.|
|$100 gift card of choice – AGM survey||To be drawn Friday June 25th|
Thank you to The Agency for Co-operative Housing, Housing Nova Scotia, New Views, Pro Edge Management, Community First Developments Inc, and HUB International for their sponsorship of our contests and prizes! for their sponsorship of our contests and prizes!
Member Networking Break (optional)
Saturday, June 12, 2021, 12:45–1:45 p.m. EDT
Join members from across Canada for a casual catch-up over the break. You’ll be placed in a breakout room and have the chance to chat and connect with your cross-country co-op neighbours. And if you’d like to try a recipe from the online co-op potluck recipe book, feel free to show others what you made! All participants will be entered into win a $50 Camino chocolate lover’s gift basket!
While we won’t be able to offer complimentary coffee and muffins for that real conference experience, we can offer you some fun activities in their place!
Be sure to check out the event portal in June to download your conference-at-home kit!
- Imagine your sustainable co-op of the future: An arts and crafts activity for the whole family. Get out your art supplies and design what you think a sustainable co-op of the future would look like. Post your creation on social media with the event hashtag #CoopFutures or email it to email@example.com. to be entered to win great prizes.
- Virtual background: Download our virtual background to use throughout the conference.
- “At the CHF Canada Virtual Annual Meeting” door poster: Need to remind your family or, if you’re a co-op manager, your members that you’re at a conference? Download and print our door poster, and let us know where you’ve posted it by sending us a pic on social media with the event hashtag#CoopFutures.
- Co-op potluck recipe book:Check out these amazing recipes from members across Canada in our online co-op potluck recipe book!
Looking to switch up your virtual conference experience? Check back during the conference for these videos to unwind, get inspired or get moving!
- Deskercise (5 minutes): Get your body moving and your heart pumping while remaining seated at your desk. Join Daniel Monoogian, this year’s virtual event planning co-ordinator, for a fun and accessible deskercise workout.
- Intention setting (7 minutes): What if we all focused our thoughts and set an intention to grow Canada’s co-op housing movement? Join Kaeli Van Regan of Ottawa’s Housing Managers Collective as we do just that in this inspiring activity.
- Meditation (10 minutes): Join Kaeli Van Regan as she guides you through a calming 10-minute practice to focus your thoughts and unwind. No equipment or experience necessary, all-levels welcome.
- Yoga (20 minutes): Take some time to relax, stretch and focus on your breathing in this beginner-friendly yoga class led by Kaeli Van Regan. A mat, comfy clothes and water bottle are recommended.
- Imagine your sustainable co-op of the future! (as much time as you want): For this arts and crafts activity for the whole family, get out your art supplies and design what you think a sustainable co-op of the future would look like. Post your creation on social media with the hashtag #CoopFutures or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. to be entered to win great prizes.
Get your popcorn ready!
Documentary screening of Atautsikut/Leaving None Behind + Q&A with filmmaker and guests
Friday, June 11, 2021, 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM EDT
Join co-op members from across Canada for this special movie night as we learn about the fascinating story of Nunavik’s federation of co-ops. The film provides a captivating and insightful look at how resilience and co-operation have always been at the heart of Inuit communities and showcases how these values were drawn upon to create Quebec’s northern co-ops. One of the most important films about the co-op movement in Canada ever made! Q&A with director John Houston and special guests to follow.
Please note the movie night will only be available live. A recording will not be made available afterwards.
For More InformationQuestions?
Please contact Marie Marin,
CHF Canada Annual Meeting Registrar: