Collaborating Across Borders (CAB) is the premier North American conference focused on interprofessional education and collaborative healthcare. The CAB Conference was first launched in 2007 as a venue where educators, clinicians, researchers, policy makers, patients/family partners and students from both sides of the Canada-US border could engage in rich productive dialogue. The conference has expanded to a global audience in the last 15 years.
The eighth Collaborating Across Borders (CAB VIII) conference will be held virtually from May 15 – 18, 2023. CABVIII is hosted by the University of Toronto’s Centre for Advancing Collaborative Healthcare and Education (CACHE) in collaboration with the Canadian Interprofessional Health Collaborative (CIHC) and the American Interprofessional Health Collaborative (AIHC). The theme of the conference is Hope and Trust in Health and Social Care. CAB VIII continues the tradition of focusing on advances in interprofessional practice and education, research and innovation, and policy, systems and leadership with a newly added francophone stream.
Hope and Trust in Health and Social Care.
This conference will be particularly relevant to health and social care providers, educators, researchers, health/education policy and decision makers, patients/family partners, caregivers, students, and all individuals who share an interest in advancing the integration, inclusion and impact of interprofessional education and collaborative healthcare.
By the end of this learning event, participants will be able to:
- Connect with diverse participants from across the continuum of health and social care, research and education with a passion for interprofessional education (IPE) and collaborative healthcare;
- Learn first-hand the current state of the field of IPE and collaborative healthcare;
- Share theory-based best practices, evidence-based approaches and their outcomes, and lessons learned in relation to IPE and collaborative healthcare;
- Gain knowledge, networks, and skills across the continuum of IPE or program development;
- Advance and sustain interprofessional, collaborative healthcare practices to contribute to transformed health professions education, policy, and care systems that will ultimately improve health outcomes.
Don’t Miss the Call for Abstracts!
Event Date & Time
May 15, 2023 (pre-conference)
May 16 – 18, 2023 (virtual conference)
**All times and dates stated on this website are in Eastern Daylight Time (EDT)**
Information & Assistance
If you would like to share this event with others on Twitter, please click the image below to download to your device: