The Call for Abstracts is now closed. Thank you to all who submitted!
Poster discussions often enable interesting opportunities for knowledge transfer, exchange and future collaborations and are a wonderful way to get to know other members of the dementia community. The abstract judged best overall will be awarded a certificate of recognition and a $500 cash prize. Five abstracts will also be selected for a ten minute oral presentation.
Click here to view the submission guidelines document.
February 15, 2019 - Call for Abstracts opens
June 28, 2019 - Call for Abstracts closes
Beginning of August - Notification of accepted posters
Specific Guidelines for Poster Displays:
- Displays may consist of a one-piece poster, or a two dimensional collection of smaller pieces which utilize the panel as a background.
- Posters must measure not more than 36 inches by 36 inches.
- Handouts may not be left on the floor but can be affixed with velcro (male) to the lower portion of the poster board.
- Business card or brochure holders may be attached to the display panel using velcro (male).
- Displays will be showcased during the conference breaks and lunch. We ask that a representative be present at the poster during these times.
- Poster set-up during registration hours on Thursday, October 3 between 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm or on Friday, October 4 between 7:00 am – 8:00 am. Posters must be removed on Saturday, October 4th either by 3:30 pm. Posters left on the boards after this time cannot be retrieved.
- All expenses associated with creating your presentation, conference registration and travel expenses for the conference.
- At least one person on the submission team must be a registered delegate at the conference and all members of the team who want to attend or present must be registered.
- We will provide you with the “male” or “hook” Velcro and push pins needed to attach your poster to the poster boards. For heavier items please ensure that there is sufficient Velcro attached to the items to prevent damage or falling.
You will be responsible for:
For questions about poster abstracts, please contact our office:
416 597-3422 ext. 3448