Sharon Hampson of Sharon, Lois and Bram!
Sharon Hampson, a member of Canada's much loved trio of family entertainers Sharon, Lois & Bram, has entertained families across North America since 1978. When Lois stepped away from performing in 2000, Sharon & Bram carried on as a duo. Through their touring, their gold and platinum and multi-platinum recordings, their acclaimed television series The Elephant Show and Skinnamarink TV, they have sung their way into the hearts and homes of young and old alike.
Sharon, Lois & Bram have been named to the Order of Canada, have received the Danny Kaye Humanitarian Award on behalf of UNICEF as well a "Doctor of Humane Letters" degree from Mount Saint Vincent University.
Sharon, one of the founders of Willow Breast Cancer Support Canada, is a three-time breast cancer survivor and public speaker addressing issues relating to breast cancer as well as about speaking about the importance of music for children and their families. She is also the recipient of the YWCA 2007 “Woman of Distinction Award” in the area of Health. The award was given for “fighting for the health of Canadian women, and singing her way into the hearts of children.”
After 42 years, Sharon and Bram have stepped away from touring, but have been busy with the release of their very first duo Album Sharon & Bram and Friends and the release of their Best-Selling acclaimed children’s book Sharon, Lois & Bram’s Skinnamarink.
Sharon is thrilled to be speaking to MYC and looks forward to sharing her insights into making music for and with children over her entire career. And who knows… there might be some singing too.
- UNICEF GOODWILL AMBASSADORS
- Filmed a documentary for UNICEF in Bolivia
- Invited to perform at the UN General Assembly
- Multiple Juno Award winners
- Multiple Gemini nominations
- Countless Parents’ Choice awards
- Multiple Gold, Platinum and Double Platinum Records
- Millions of records sold across North America
- Stars of Sharon Lois and Bram’s Elephant show 65 Episodes featuring such special guests as Andrea Martin, Luba Goy, Chuck Mangione, and Maury Chaikin
- Stars of Skinnamarink TV 52 Episodes
- Numerous Television Specials
- Performed at the most respected venues in North America, including Roy Thomson Hall, Carnegie Hall, Lincoln Center, and The Okeefe Centre
- An Honorary Doctorate of Humane Letters from Mt. Saint Vincent University
- A special Easter invitation to the Clinton White House (where they performed at the annual Easter Egg Roll on the White House Lawn)
- The “For Canada’s Children Award” from the Canadian Council on children and Youth
- Danny Kaye UNICEF Award
- Macleans’ Honour Roll
- Members of the Order of Canada
- Queen Elizabeth II Golden Jubilee Medal
- a Toronto playground named after them with the addition of a Music Garden and renovations to reflect their musical origins
- Estelle Klein Award for significant contributions to Ontario’s Folk Music Community
- Awarded the Key to the City of North York by Mayor Lastman
- Awarded the Key to the City of Indianapolis
- Sharon Hampson YWCA Woman of Distinction Recipient
- Sharon Hampson guest speaker Unique Lives Toronto and Vancouver
- Second most appearances at Massey Hall after Gordon Lightfoot
- Sharon, Lois & Bram’s Skinnamarink has become an immediate best-seller
July 16 - 22, 2020
For more information