Call for Abstracts – Innovations Showcase
Are you a health care professional, program leader, researcher or student with new practices, innovative programs, research findings or technologies to share?
We invite you to submit abstracts for ‘Rapid Podium’ presentations (10 minutes) or brief communication in the format of ‘Research & Clinical Snapshots’ (5 minutes). Presentations are welcome on both research and clinical initiatives.
Rapid Podium Presentations
A 10-minute presentation is meant to allow for a more comprehensive description of an innovation with results of some evaluation to share. This presentation should include maximum 8-10 slides.
Research and Clinical Snapshots
This 5 minute presentation is meant to be a brief summary of a new or ongoing initiative.
This presentation should include 3-4 slides that provide the following information:
- Some background to the topic, issue or opportunity being addressed through the innovation
- The activity, solution, or resource developed to address the problem, issue or opportunity
- Preliminary results if available OR resource information where audience can find out more
Abstracts are not to exceed 250 words (excluding title and authors) and should include the following information:
- Type of presentation: Indicate the format you would prefer (rapid podium or snapshot)
- Authors and affiliations
- Background: brief description of the problem or issue being addressed
- Methods: describe how your study was performed or how you have developed or evaluated your new practice or program
- Results: describe the key findings
- Conclusions: describe what you conclude from your results and the clinical implications
Authors must declare any conflict of interest including any financial interest in the subject matter being presented.
Those not successful in securing a Rapid Podium presentation may be offered to present their abstract as a Research and Clinical Snapshot.
Abstracts will be anonymized, judged by a review committee, and will be chosen based on:
- The relevance to the conference objectives
- The degree of innovation in addressing an issue or opportunity in practice
- Practical application/relevance to a broad range of settings by healthcare professionals, researchers or managers
- Scientific merit.
Deadline for Abstract Submission: 14 September 2018
Notification of Acceptance: 1 October 2018
Submitting an abstract does not register you to attend the conference. You must complete the separate registration process to be admitted to the conference. To submit your abstract, please email Liz.Inness@uhn.ca or click the submit abstract button in the right hand menu above. Once you submit your abstract, you should receive a confirmation email within 24 hours. If you do not, please email Liz Inness at the address above.
Date & Time
Friday, November 23, 2018
7:30am – 4:30pm
BMO Education &
Toronto Western Hospital
Krembil Discovery Tower
60 Leonard Ave
Toronto, ON M5T 2R1
|Early Bird Rate
(until Oct 12, 2018)
(after Oct 12, 2018)
*A valid copy of your student ID must be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to have the rate honoured.