To contact the National Criminal Law Program:
Jessica Grant, Program Coordinator
- This year’s program takes place at the Westin Ottawa, 11 Colonel By Drive, Ottawa, Ontario.
- The program schedule, accommodations and information on social events, are available at http://www.flsc.ca/en/national-criminal-law-program/.
- SAVE 10% ON EARLY-BIRD PRICING!
- Register on or before April 5, 2019: $697.50 + $90.68 (13%) HST = $788.18 for registrants called to the Bar before 2014, and $445.50 + $57.92 (13%) HST = $503.42 for registrants called to the Bar 2014 or after
- Register after April 5, 2019: $775 + $100.75 (13%) HST = $875.75 for registrants called to the Bar before 2014, and $495 + $64.35 (13%) HST = $559.35 for registrants called to the Bar 2014 or after
- If you are GST exempt, please e-mail our Accounting Dept. at email@example.com, including a letter outlining your GST exempt status and your GST exemption number, in order to have GST charges reversed.
- Registration fee includes program attendance, program materials (electronic materials only via a password protected intranet), daily breakfast item and coffee, and refreshment breaks, Sunday First Time Attendee Reception (for first time attendees, cash bar) and Monday end of day reception (cash bar).
- Registration includes access to the program materials, posted on a password-protected intranet operated by the Federation of Law Societies of Canada. Registrants will be emailed their unique access information the week prior to the beginning of the Program, and access will remain active for a two (2) year period, or until July 12, 2021. Access to the intranet will be available at all times during the event, so you can refer to the materials at your convenience, including during the actual sessions. The intranet is designed to be device compatible, so registrants can use a laptop, tablet or smart phone on site to consult the materials.
- Program materials on USB are available at an additional cost of $20 + HST, and printed materials are available at an additional cost of $125 + HST. USBs and printed materials must be ordered by May 6, 2019. Registrations received after May 6, 2019 will not have the option to add a USB or printed materials. Material selections are final. Once ordered you cannot remove/refund an item unless you cancel your Program registration. Material selections cannot be changed on site. USBs and printed materials will be distributed on site at registration. USBs and printed materials will not be provided in advance.
- All registrants are automatically placed into the Tuesday and Thursday small group English workshop unless you select an alternate concurrent session. If you wish to attend an alternative to the Tuesday and Thursday English small group workshops, please select another option during registration.
- Monday and Thursday break-out selections are made by attendees on site. No advance registration or selection is required for Monday and Thursday break-out sessions.
- Tuesday and Thursday Mentoring Breakfasts are open to attendees with 5 years or less criminal law experience. If you want to attend a Mentoring Breakfast, please make your selection during online registration.
- Program t-shirts are available for sale for $20 plus HST during online registration. If you want a program t-shirt, you must purchase it in advance and pick it up during registration. There will be no cash sales of program t-shirts on site. Once ordered you cannot remove/refund a -shirt unless you cancel your Program registration.
- Wednesday and Thursday Social Events are optional, ticketed events not included in Program registration. Additional payment is required.
- Registration is by Visa or MasterCard through this website only. If you do not have a Visa or MasterCard you can obtain a prepaid card through most major financial institutions.
- Organizations may register multiple delegates at one time.
- Please check all email addresses carefully when registering. Confirmations and receipts, and additional information about the program, will be sent to the email addresses provided. If you enter an invalid address, we have no way of knowing you are not receiving what we are sending.
- No registration will be processed without the required payment in full.
- Registration is limited and is on a first-come, first-served basis. Early registration is recommended.
- Changes to speakers, content, dates and venues may be necessary. In the event of program cancellation, our liability is limited to reimbursement of paid fees.
- Name tags will reflect first and last name, firm/organization and city and province entered during registration. If you want your nametag to say something other than your first and last name, firm, and city and province, please complete the nametag field during online registration.
- Please keep your confirmation of registration in a safe place. You will need your confirmation number and email address to change or update your registration in the future.
- Cancellations must be received in writing, on or before May 31, 2019 for a refund to be issued. A $50.00 fee + HST will be withheld from any refund. If you cancel your Program registration you will not receive program materials or any other items ordered during registration. Please send notification of cancellation to firstname.lastname@example.org. No refunds will be issued after May 31, 2019, for any reason, including illness, work related changes, or weather or travel disruption, unless the Program itself is cancelled.
- Once a notice of cancellation has been received, no substitutions will be permitted.