If the policies and procedures outlined in this document do not address a specific situation, individuals and companies are expected to contact the Helicopter Association of Canada for guidance or clarification.
- Identifying Purpose
- Limiting Collection
- Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention
- Accuracy of Information
- Safeguarding Information
- Access to Information
- Challenging Compliance
The Helicopter Association of Canada is responsible for maintaining and protecting the information under its control. Accountability for this function within our organization is held by:/p>
Helicopter Association of Canada
1830 Walkley Road, #94
Ottawa, Ontario Canada
President & CEO, Trevor Mitchel
Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) defines information as any information about a specific, identifiable individual, such as name, address, or phone number, but not including the name, title, business address or business phone number of an employee of an organization. The information that we collect, use and disclose - with express or implied consent - and the reasons why we collect such information are as follows:
- Name, address, phone number, and fax number - to provide quality, responsive service; to issue receipts for income tax purposes; to send thank you communications; and to report and communicate about our programs and conferences.
- E-mail address - to send electronic receipts and to communicate about our programs, , special events, and other similar information to members and partners, through cost-effective e-newsletters or permission-based email messages.
- Information related to chequing or credit card accounts - to provide high quality, convenient service in accepting and processing donations.
We collect information about our members and partners in the following ways:
- via our web site
- via the phone;
- via membership and conference registration forms;
- via public domain sources such as published directories or other organizations' public documents such as annual report
We use session and persistent cookies on the Helicopter Association of Canada website site, to allow you to store your store your language preferences, and may be used in the future if we develop a 'login section' for other content display preferences.
We may use third-parties to serve ads to our website. These companies may employ cookies and action tags (also known as single pixel gifs or web beacons) to measure advertising effectiveness. Any information that these third parties collect via cookies and action tags is completely anonymous.
An individual's knowledge and consent are required before The Helicopter Association of Canada is allowed to collect, use or disclose information, except where inappropriate. Where possible, The Helicopter Association will obtain consent directly from the individual concerned at the time of collection. After having provided consent, an individual has the right to withdraw consent at any time by providing reasonable notice to The Helicopter Association.
In limited circumstances, The Helicopter Association of Canada may use or disclose information without the knowledge or consent of the individual, for example, for purposes as required by governmental bodies acting with authority, or as authorized or required by applicable legislation.
Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention
The Helicopter Association of Canada collects, uses and discloses information only for purposes that a reasonable person would consider appropriate under the circumstances.
Information gathered by The Helicopter Association of Canada is kept in strict confidence. Certain staff members have authorized access to information based on their need to deal with the information for the reason(s) for which it was obtained.
Safeguards are in place to ensure that the information is not disclosed or shared more widely than is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was gathered. We also take measures to ensure that the integrity of this information is maintained and to prevent its being lost, stolen or prematurely destroyed.
Accuracy of Information
Information is kept as accurate, complete and up to date as necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used. Individuals and companies are encouraged to provide updates to their information as changes occur, to enable us to continue to provide services to them. The information of customers and partners can be reviewed and modified by contacting us.
Information, whatever its form, will be protected by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. The safeguards will protect information against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. The measures of protection include:
- physical measures, for example, locking filing cabinets and restricted access to offices;
- organizational measures, for example, security passes and limiting access to the information on a 'need-to-know'
- technological measures, for example, the use of passwords and encryption; and
- procedural measures, for example, the shredding of sensitive information.
Access to Information
Individuals and/companies may request a copy of their information held at The Helicopter Association of Canada by submitting a written request to the President & CEO at the address above. Acceptable proof of identification is required before such information is given out. If you feel the information we have about you is inaccurate, you may request that it be reviewed and, if inaccurate, changed, by contacting the President & CEO.
An individual or company can challenge compliance with the above policy by providing written details of the challenge to the Privacy Officer.
For more information
(613) 231-1110 ext. 237
Price based on square foot
|$22.20 per sq. ft.
|$30.00 per sq. ft.
Standard Booth Space Includes:
- 8ft High Back Drape and 3ft Side Drapes;
- 2 Free Conference Registrations per 100 sq. ft.;
- Access to ALL Conference and Networking Events;
- Short Company Profile and Contact Inclusion in Conference Show Guide
(not guaranteed after print deadline)
Your booth includes standard hall carpet.
5% GST applied to all applicants.