Prevention Credentialing Consortium of Georgia (PCCG) Core Courses
Course Fees, Payments & Registration Information
Online payment is available during registration via credit or debit card.
Registration Dates/Course Info
- Fundamentals of Prevention - $100
This course, approved by the Prevention Credentialing Consortium of Georgia as a Core Course, will provide a basic foundation of prevention knowledge that can be further expanded through ongoing prevention training and development. By the end of this workshop, participants will:
- Identify protective factors currently being used or those that will be implemented;
- Identify one prevention process/program that represents each prevention strategy;
- Identify risk factors;
- Determine what works in prevention;
- Define prevention strategies; and
- Outline historical timeline of prevention.
- Monday, March 1 from 10 am - 4 pm EST; Thursday, March 4 from 10 am –4 pm EST (registrant must attend BOTH webinars listed in order to receive credit)
- Communication Skills for the Prevention Professional - $50
Prevention professionals need to be experts in a variety of communication skills, including interpersonal communication, facilitation, public speaking and good listening skills as well as public awareness campaigns and marketing basics. This course, approved by the Prevention Credentialing Consortium of Georgia as a Core Course, will give participants the skills needed to excel in these areas.
- Tuesday, March 16 from 10 am - 4 pm EST
- Ethics in the Prevention Field - $50
This course, approved by the Prevention Credentialing Consortium of Georgia as a Core Course, is designed to provide a basic introduction to the Principles of the Code of Ethical Conduct for Prevention, Early Intervention and Health Promotion Professionals and Volunteers. It will also provide an overview of the ethical dilemmas that Prevention Professionals encounter in their work. Using the Code of Ethics from the Prevention Think Tank as a framework, participants will explore ethical principles using interactive methods and role-plays that encourage and support adult learning.
- Tuesday, March 30 from 10 am – 4pm EST
- Cultural Competency for the Prevention Professional - $50
In our ever-increasing diverse communities, understanding, tolerance and appreciation for differences are necessary to running effective prevention programs. This session will include activities and discussions exploring cultural diversity and prejudices in order to learn how to increase cultural competence and create safe spaces in your programs and organizations. Bring an open mind, as we will discuss critical diversity issues such as racism, ageism, heterosexism and sexism. This course, approved by the Prevention Credentialing Consortium of Georgia as a Core Course, will give participants a refresher course in cultural awareness and appropriateness in the prevention field.
- Tuesday, April 13 from 10 am – 4pm EST
For any questions or concerns regarding registration, please contact Gregory Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org.Register
Zoom link will be sent the morning of the webinar to those who register.
For any questions or concerns regarding registration, please contact Gregory Miller at email@example.com.