January Webinar Month
It’s back! MPI Ottawa’s popular January “Webinar Month” is back with a great mix of live and pre-recorded webinars to help you build your CMP credits. Whether you’re in the office or working remotely, stay in, stay warm, sit back and join us for MPI Ottawa Webinar Days. These complimentary Education Sessions are being offered to current members.
Live Webinar: “#metoo Movement & Events”
Wednesday, January 16, 2019 from 12:00 – 1:00 pm
1 Hour Domain G: Meeting or Event Design
We are pleased to have Anne Thornley-Brown, MSW, MBA, President of Executive Oasis International, facilitate an interactive webinar to help meeting professionals understand the impact of the #metoo movement on the meetings and events industry. Aided by the #metoo hashtag to bring awareness to the widespread prevalence of sexual assault and harassment in the workplace, the MeToo movement spread virally through social media in October 2017.
During this 1-hour live webinar, participants will learn how to:
- set the tone and climate for equality
- brief participants regarding expected and appropriate behaviour
- create harassment free (sexual and racial) zones at meetings and events
- avoid practice that create a “poison” work environment in which sexual misconduct thrives
- eliminate practices in marketing and at exhibitions that degrade women
- reduce the impact of overconsumption of alcohol
- respond to complaints about racial incidents, sexual harassment or sexual assault at events
Anne will share examples from other industries including a code of conduct that can be read at the beginning of the events, meetings and conferences and she will discuss how to equip participants with the tools and resources they need to report or seek out assistance if they run into issues at events.
Although this is a complimentary webinar, registration is required in order for you to obtain a reminder and the call-in details required.