Nominate an individual for an IDA by July 26!
Awards are divided into eight distinct categories. Please review the award categories list and description before submitting your nomination.
- Individuals must have been born outside of Canada.
- Individuals must be a permanent resident or Canadian citizen and reside in Calgary and/or surrounding areas.
- The Awards are not open to individuals who currently hold an elected political office.
- Self nominations are with a supporting letter of reference.
- Individuals can be nominated in a maximum of two categories.
- Past nominees who did not receive an award are eligible to be nominated for the same award or in any other category. Past recipients are eligible to be nominated in a different category than the award previously received.
- Nominated organizations must have an office in Calgary and/or surrounding area, either locally owned or a local branch of a national or multi-national organization.
- Organizations can be nominated by an internal employee or external stakeholder
Completed submission packages will be kept on file and may be reconsidered, at the sole discretion of the Selection Committee, for up to 2 years. If you submitted a nomination for the 2020 IDA, we encourage you to resubmit the nomination by clicking the 'continue' button below, to ensure that the nomination is considered for the 2021 IDA and especially if a nominee's circumstances change - eg. additional awards received or volunteer contributions made.
Click Here for instructions and information on nominating yourself
Click Here for instructions and information on nominating someone else
Click Here for Nominations FAQ
Click Here for Organizational Diversity Nominations
Nomination applications will be accepted online until 12:00 PM on Monday, July 26.
Recipients will be announced at the IDA Awards Gala on November 4, 2021.
This form is not compatible with Internet Explorer. Please use another browser such as Google Chrome, Safari or Microsoft Edge.Continue
View my Nomination
All nominees must be able to attend the IDA Gala on November 4, 2021 in order to be considered for an award.
- May 18 – Nominations open online
- June 18 Ticket sales open
- July 26 at 11:59 am MDT – Nominations close
- September – Finalists announced
- October 1 – Early Bird deadline
- November 4 – Awards Ceremony at Arts Commons
These links will help you to nominate your candidate or prepare your nomination package:
*Downloadable forms are for sample purposes only, to help you prepare your submission. Nominations must be submitted online.