Awards are divided into eight distinct categories. Please review the award categories list and description before submitting your nomination.
- Individuals must have been born outside of Canada.
- Individuals must be a permanent resident or Canadian citizen and reside in Calgary and/or surrounding areas.
- The Awards are not open to individuals who currently hold an elected political office.
- Self nominations are with a supporting letter of reference.
- Individuals can be nominated in a maximum of two categories.
- Past nominees who did not receive an award are eligible to be nominated for the same award or in any other category. Past recipients are eligible to be nominated in a different category than the award previously received.
- Nominated organizations must have an office in Calgary and/or surrounding area, either locally owned or a local branch of a national or multi-national organization.
- Organizations can be nominated by an internal employee or external stakeholder
Click Here for instructions and information on nominating yourself
Click Here for instructions and information on nominating someone else
Click Here for Nominations FAQ
Nomination applications will be accepted online until 11:59 PM on Sunday, December 1, 2019.
Recipients will be announced at the IDA Awards Gala on March 13, 2020.Continue
All nominees must be able to attend the IDA Gala on March 13, 2020 in order to be considered for an award.
- September 3 – Nominations open online
- December 1, 11:59 pm – Nominations close
- December – Ticket sales open
- February 1 – Early Bird deadline
- February – Finalists announced
- March 13 – Awards Ceremony at the Bella Concert Hall
These links will help you to nominate your candidate or prepare your nomination package: