2020 Ehpic Program Cancelled
After careful consideration of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, the 2020 Ehpic Program has been cancelled. The health and safety of all our attendees, speakers and personnel is of the utmost importance. Applicants will be contacted directly by the Program Co-Director. We are working to confirm dates for June 2021 and will post this information as soon as possible. For questions or to sign up for our mailing list, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
In Canada and abroad, government and health care sectors have placed importance on developing a curriculum to change the way health professionals are educated and trained. This program will enhance your natural leadership abilities to teach excellence in Interprofessional Education (IPE), helping to build an IPE community of leaders in healthcare.
Coordinated by the Centre for Interprofessional Education and a team of health professionals across the health sciences faculties at the University of Toronto, this certificate program is designed for health professionals interested in interprofessional education and interprofessional practice.
Participants are selected through a call for application process whereby they must submit a 250 word abstract of an interprofessional project/activity that they hope to undertake. Please see the Application tab for additional information.
Goals and Objectives
This program aims to develop leaders in interprofessional education (IPE) and interprofessional practice (IPP) who have the knowledge, skills and attitudes to facilitate learners and colleagues in the art and science of working collaboratively and partnering for care.
By the end of this program, participants will be able to achieve the following objectives:
- Describe and apply interprofessional competencies and principles in your context;
- Acknowledge professional attitudes/values and recognize their impact on interprofessional practice;
- Demonstrate effective team communication and the use of reflection to support teams;
- Strengthen skills for facilitating interprofessional teams;
- Discover how the design of program evaluation can help inform the development of IPE/IPP initiatives and measure impact;
- Describe and apply collaborative leadership approaches to facilitate and enable IPE/IPP; and
- Apply learning from ehpic™ to the development of one’s own interprofessional initiative/project.
- Health Professional Educators & Clinical Practice Leaders
- Healthcare Professional Development Educators
- Faculty Development Leaders
- Master of Science in Community Health (MScCH) Students
- Post-graduate & Undergraduate Health Professional Educators
- Clinical Teacher Certificate, Graduate Studies & Academic Fellowship Programs, DFCM, University of Toronto
- Health Professional College Directors
- Health Professional Program Directors
- Individuals interested in pursuing interprofessional education initiatives
June 2020 Course Cancelled. 2021 dates will be confirmed soon.
150 King Street West,
For more information
MD, CCFP, MHSc, FCFP
Professor, Department of Family & Community Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto
Academic Family Physician, Toronto Western Family Health Team
Director of Education, College of Family Physicians of Canada
MEd (Counselling Psychology), BSc
Director, Business Development & Centre for IPE Operations
Professional Development Lead, Centre for IPE
University of Toronto/ University Health Network